Costa Rica - July 18-24

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Heights

“Fear is the presence of the unknown. We as humans are curious so everything must be known. If it is known, then there is no fear.”

This is my quote when I went on two extremely high courses, the high zip lines on Thursday and the straight down plunge into waterfalls when we repelled on Saturday. The zip lines I knew how to do at first, but the slight problem was it was about half a mile up. This is where I freaked out the most because I was speeding down a little line high above ground. In order to comfort myself, I sang songs, and boy did I have a blast.ar

Next was repelling down waterfalls. It was not so bad, except on the 165’ one, which was first, I looked down on the bottom and nearly pee my pants. Then at the bottom, one of the kids was still freaking about the height I made up the top quote to help him. All of the next falls were fantastic. Everyone on both attractions were glad they did it.

Looking back on this trip, there is a height that everyone wants to see. Friendship, adrenaline, joy, and courage were things I saw. We came from Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Ohio, and Maryland. Teachers, teens, tweens, and kids with all different ages came to one trip. I look back on this and only wonder one thing. Where will we go next year? ;c)

 

Siemper Fi

-Brandon Magee

1 comment:

Programs Details

Duration 8 days
When July 18 - 24, 2010
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology