Costa Rica - July 18-24

Friday, July 23, 2010

The experience of a lifetime- ziplining!

Someday, I will have to come back here.  The ziplining near the volcano was the best thing ever!  First, we took the Sky Tram up the mountain to the practice courses.  We got some juice while we waited for the rest of the group.  Our guide was named Marcus, but asked us to call him Mario.  Number three was the highest – 700 feet.  It was awesome!!!!  I had to go with a guide at first, because they thought I was either too short, or they weren’t sure if I was sure I wanted to go.  So for the fourth, I went with the guide again.  Yes, it was AMAZING!  From all of the real ziplines, you could see the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal lake, the biggest lake in Costa Rica.  It was beautiful.  The fifth, I went triple, with Renan (who also went with guides), me, and Mario.  It was really cool going triple, but the best one by far was number 7.  It was the fastest and the longest.  I asked if I could go alone, and they let me!  It was even better!  On that one, you went through some trees, and had the most beautiful view of the lake.  You could see the sun shining down on it.  We waited on the bridge for the rest of the group.  The bridge was really cool, it was bouncy and there was a bunch of people.  We went down stairs to the last one, number 8, which was like the practice ones.  There we met German (pronounced Herman.  He is our other guide besides Jorge.) and Payton, who didn’t go on.  We went back to the building and took off our stuff.  As we were driving back to the hotel, we stopped at a great view of the volcano, where we saw it erupt.  You couldn’t see red lava and magma, but you could see something sliding down the volcano.  Right now we are arriving at the dairy farm.  Today is also a walk in the rainforest, and dips in a waterfall and hot springs!  See ya!

Cate (or Cat, as Emily calls me, or Cat with a silent e, as Alyssa and Alexa call me)

2 comments:

  1. How many zip lines did you go on? Aren't the fast ones fun? Don't you think Logan and Maggie and Dad would love it too? I love reading what you're doing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are mastering the art of journalling - wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 8 days
When July 18 - 24, 2010
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology