Costa Rica - July 18-24

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Activity Filled Morning

We were woken up at 5:00 this morning by our friends the howler monkeys again. Luckily wake up was an hour later so I could still rest for another hour. I don’t think I wrote about this but we had a crab in our bathroom yesterday  The woman at the front desk was really nice about it and even helped us out with our toilet that didn’t flush. It only took us 10 minutes or so to get to the place where we started kayaking while the other group biked first. We then met up to snorkel. It was fun but my snorkel kept getting filled with water because it was the way it was designed was that it was angled forward. My mask also kept fogging up but I still saw some cool fish. Two people cut themselves on corral but otherwise there were no real injuries. After that, we biked back to where we started but I had forgotten a change of clothes and was stuck with a wet bathing suit. We had a nice lunch and had a really good dessert (spice cake or something). We are on our way to the new hotel, it is a long bus ride so I hope to get some sleep. I can’t believe we only have 3 more days left (Sunday is just travel)!

 

Katherine

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the boundaries between outside and inside are not well defined. The wildlife is all around you all the time. (Aunt Vicky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not something you see everyday at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the snorkeling... I hope you get some rest with no howler monkeys to wake you up again! Love, Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 8 days
When July 18 - 24, 2010
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Biology
Geology/Volcanology